Monday, March 31, 2008

NEVER Buy Anything Made By AMERICAN HOME.

When I first set out on my own here in Makati, I had bought me first, an American Home kettle, then an American Home rice cooker. The kettle had conked out sometime in February, so I had it fixed. The rice cooker died on me when I had boiled water in it (it was too late for the water shop to be open), and then slept while the water was boiling. Yes, it was a good thing that my room did not burn down, but it's not a nice thing when your kettle has been replaced with a "new" one, and still, it... Leaked within a few days of use. I had claimed it on Thursday, the 27th of March, 2008, and it leaked again today, the 31st of March.

How cute.

So yeah, NEVER buy anything by the brand AMERICAN HOME. You'll just have a huge headache with the item.

Buti pa yung Marubishi ko na electric fan. Kahit maingay at nakakainis linisin, buhay pa rin hanggang ngayon. :p

Brands are so deceptive. I think I shall revert to Tatay's age-old lesson: buy a brand for quality and durability. Geesh. There are days when pagtitipid does not apply.

But in fairness to American Home, I had purchased the original kettle in either October or November, and the rice cooker in December. But still! The National rice cooker we had at home lasted us since 1993! It's still alive!

I guess I fell for the rice cooker's cuteness. Grr. But it was my fault for the most part, anyway.

What I HATE, HATE, HATE, is the tooooooooopid kettle.

It's so sleek kasi. I wish Asahi had released its kettles even then. Grrr!

I wonder if it's worth it to bring the item back to American Home again.

I am really really irritated.

I wanted hot Milo, and now I have to boil water in my cooker! Wut the!

Okay, enough ranting. I'm just warning y'all would-be independent people. No American Home products for you, else you risk wanting to march to the company and shake their products to their faces. Grrrrrrrr!

No comments: